Monday, March 22, 2010

ME Squat

Squat:
405 x 1
425 x 1
445 x 1
465 x 1
475 x 1
485 x 1

Felt good. Quad discomfort was still there, but not nearly as painful as last week. I was too tentative in the hole because of it though. It was nice to go this heavy as I haven't hit 485 raw in a long while.

SS-bar box squats:
245 x 5
295 x 5
335 x 5
385 x 5 (PR)

Not sure what happened with these, but they felt great. I was going for a single on the last one but it felt so explosive, I kept going. This was pretty surprising since three months ago, I maxed at 368. No quad pain either.

Finished with some box rebounds and side box jumps.

Then did some ghr abs and ball leg raises. The latter were new and I thought were a pretty good code exercises, so we'll be doing them more in the future.

4 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

How do you do SS-bar squats? Do you have the SS bar at wooden, or is this at 4 star?

Juggernaut, the said...

4-star. Vit, Matt, Dean and I trained there tonight for a change since it's spring break.

Vit said...

Dave, you have officially been nominated for Coach of the Year.

Juggernaut, the said...

Sweeeeet. Hopefully, we can celebrate together, President of the Year, haha.