Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3.30.1--Squat

Please excuse my absence from the gym. I have had Passover Seders to attend the previous two nights, and might go at an odd time tonight as well. I knew I had to get some squats in so I went at 5 with Darvin to get some work in. Kyle was there too.

The Wooden Center was PACKED. Fucking n00bs who only care about training for the first two weeks of a quarter. It took 35 minutes to get on a squat rack as I had to watch two fashion bugs go through bench press where they didn't even touch their chest and work in with a squatter who set the pins at 4 and used the manpon. Fail.

Squat:
warmups
95x5
135x5
135x3 with Kyle approved good form
155x3
185
205x3x2 PR
205
195x3x2

Kyle really forced me to focus on good form. This resulted in much better strength out of the hole, but also a lot of attempts where I was a little high. In short, I can do good form, but when I get to the bottom of my lift, my form goes soft.

Pause Squats:
135x3x2@3 seconds
145x3@3 seconds

Transversus:
3 sets

3 comments:

Luke said...

manpon=foam roller
do you mean bitch pad?
dave settle this.

Kyle said...

I personally prefer the term "pussy pad" because of the alliteration.

Scott Salomon said...

It it settled. Either bitch pad or pussy pad is acceptable