Friday, March 12, 2010

deadening lift

Band-lightened Deadlift
Warm ups felt so easy...
585 x 5, 5
605 x 5, 5, 5

Greens took off maybe 120 at the bottom. and not a lot at the top. Once again my lower back was not having this deadlifting business. The first rep was excruciatingly hard and then I could rep the rest out with no problem. Not sure if this is me being weak off the floor so much as it is my CNS resisting me picking things up (and putting them back down). Suggestions welcome.

SLDL:
295 x 1
GUGHHGHGHSDHSDHGHGH

GMoP:
185 x 10 (pffffft)
275 x 10
315 x 10

Initially, I wussed out on these as well after doing 185 x 1. However I was reminded that I called Vit out, so I decided I would do whatever it took. These didn't feel great but I was able to get some work sets in.

Finished with banded hamstrings.

3 comments:

Vit said...

Dave, does the bar naturally end up at your fingertips when you deadlift? Or do you purposely start the pull with the bar pretty low in your hands?

Kyle said...

Suggestion? Rest, Vitamin I, and moar calories?

Juggernaut, the said...

The bar usually starts in my hands. For most lifts it drifts down because i am lazy and don't feel like pulling that far. On heavier lifts, I try to keep it in the hands rather than on the fingers because I can't hold it for long at the top with just the finger tips.