Monday, June 8, 2009

Squat

Squat:
365 x 5,
405 x 5
415 x 5
425 x fail, 5

With my adjusted form, I tend to be putting more pressure on my toes instead of evenly spreading it. On the 4th set, I leaned forward too much and had to set it on the pins. I really need to fix this, as the suit is only going to make the problem worse. On the plus side, my groin didn't feel any discomfort and I think my arch is staying much better now. I plan to video tape next week's squats to confirm / analyze.

Box Squat:
I tried to do cleans, but I tweaked my right knee over the weekend and it didn't feel good.

low 12" box
225 x 8
245 x 8, 3 sets

I felt extremely weak on these. Also nauseous. This could be due to not having any caffeine all day, but I think it's probably from having adjusted my form. I plan to try theses again next week and see how they feel. This could be a weak point for me that I need to fix.


Had to leave early, so finished with standing calves, stretching and banded ball toss.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Dave, where did you get a 10" box? The box you have is 12" by 15".

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Unless you're doing high bar squats you definitely shouldn't be on your toes. It's probably a symptom of arching your back more, which is keeping you more upright. You might have to consider leaning forward a little more to keep the weight back.

Juggernaut, the said...

@Kyle: I cut 2" off the 12" with my mind

@Jake: I'm not on my toes, but I feel more weight there than I should. The shift is definitely from the new and improved arch. Also, I'm flaring my feet more to keep the arch which shortens the front/back length of my foot. I'll see what the videos show as to how my leaning needs to change; I think it's pretty good at the moment, but your suggestion may be valid.