Wednesday, June 24, 2009

LAST TWO WORKOUTS

▼ 1. 6/23/09 - Tue - CARDIO/FLEXIBILITY

• Cardio - bike 130 bpm x 25 mins

• Flexibility - gastroc on leg press, adductor magnus on leg press, hamstrings, seated groin, 

hip flexors, glutes

▼ 2. 6/22/09 - Mon - SHEIKO #4

Weight: 211. Time: 2:30. Not sure what happened with this weight -- I didn't eat much the night before and I was a little dehydrated, I guess. Didn't eat anything all day before this work out either, felt pretty weak because of that even though I was finally well rested.

• Squat warm-up: 45x5, 135x5x4, BW lunges x15x4, 225x4 (50), 275x3 (60), 

315x3x2 (70), 365x3 (80), 385x2x2 (85)

Belted essentially everything. Used new APT knee sleeves. They felt great, gave very little support, etc. Exactly what I need.

  I tried to use the same form as last time to keep knees feeling good -- toes only slightly pointing out, weight on heels, pushing feet out. I think this might be a good form to keep in the long run, but it changes my form and makes the squats feel much harder. 385x2x2 was not easy. More on this later.

• Bench 45x10, 155x3 (50), 185x3 (60), 215x3x2 (70), 245x3x4 (80)

Feeling kind of beat up lately, so these were slow but not close to failure.

• Dumbell bench 50x10x5

• Dips BWx8x5

• Squat 225x4 (50), 275x3 (60), 315x3 (70), 365x2x4 (80)

Belted last three sets of 365. For last set, I used my 'lazy form' of dropping much more quickly with my weight more forward on my foot. It felt much easier. I'm not sure what I should do with this -- maybe sitting back will feel better if I give it enough time?

• A: Good mornings 135x5x5

• A: Lunges BWx15x4

For adductor...


No comments: