Friday, June 5, 2009

DE Bench

Needed this weekend to study for finals, so I did a 45 minute workout today. Rest periods were at a minimum.

Bench: 135x3x4 CG
135x3x4 Normal
155x3
185x3
195x3

DB Incline: 65x8x3

HS High Row: 2px10
3p+10x5x8

V-Squat Shrug: 4p+25x20
5px20
5p+25x20x3

Parallel Bar Extensions: 25'sx15, 12

It's kind of strange - my close grip bench (pinkies on rings) feels a lot more explosive and stronger off the chest than my normal grip. Don't really know why this is, but I think I may stick with this grip for raw benching. Also, I really like the V-Squat Shrugs, although the machine is running out of room for plates :(

2 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Pinkies on rings isn't close grip... My normal grip is ring finger on the rings. You might be a little taller, but I'd say that's "kinda close-close grip bench." But still, if that's the closest you can go without any pain then just do it.

Kyle said...

With my arm/torso structure, going closer without potential injury doesn't really work. I've tried going closer and it has resulted in elbow pain both times. That's why I specified the grip and what I would be calling it. Maybe medium-grip would be a better description.

Normal grip is index on the rings btw. It feels more stable than the other, but I don't get as much power.