Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Squat: Return of the Volume

Training down at 4-star for the next two weeks. Phils was there and loaned me his high-heels for me to try. They seem alright and I feel slightly more upright. I used to use the Inzer Pillars, but those are cheap. I will likely switch to heeled shoes now.

Squat:
407 x 5
418 x 5
429 x 5

Box Squat:
off 10" box (I'm guessing 10, could be 11? Def. below parallel)
275 x 8, 4 sets

These feel great for stretching the groin at the bottom.

Cambered Bar Squat:
225 x 8
315 x 8, 3 sets
365 x 7

Went slow and focused on getting as low as possible.


Banded abs + a walk around the block with 140lbs of chains. Overall feeling pretty good. No pain in the lower back for the first time in a long while.

2 comments:

Brent Tanaka said...

good work on the 140lb chain drag around the block. made it look easy

Juggernaut, the said...

It was easy? I don't know what Spencer was talking about. Those sand-bag sprints we did a few weeks ago were way tougher than the chain drag. Although maybe it was harder for him because of how he was holding the chain?