Thursday, June 11, 2009

D-D-Deadlift

Just me and Sunny tonight. Greg was out with one of his 17 girlfriends.

Deadlift:
450 x 8
500 x 8

Did the full set-down on every rep. Hamstring felt 100% so I started trying my old set-up where I pre-load the hamstrings. That felt so much easier off the ground, but I'm still a little nervous in the back of my mind for injuring myself again.

Good Mornings:
275 x 10
315 x 10

Worked on stretching the hamstrings with a hard arch.

Finished with hamstring curls, cable abs and seated calf raises

3 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Do you go low enough on the good mornings for your lower back to round?

Juggernaut, the said...

Maybe I used to? It's more that I'm extremely conscious of the arch in my lower back. Lately, I just go down as far as I can while still maintaining an arch. The hamstrings get a pretty good stretch from this, which is a nice side effect.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I was just wondering. What you're doing is exactly what I would suggest. I would also suggest that when the other guys do good mornings they do the same thing.