Monday, June 15, 2009

6-15 PM Maxes

Squat 405, 415 - miss No chance of getting it. Perfect form on the eccentric though

Bench 225, 240, 250, 260, 275 - blacked out sometime after I was handed the bar.

Supposedly I lowered it and got it off my chest, but I don't actually remember. I do remember being stapled under the bar and thinking "this isn't so bad, I can hang out here until they get it off of me." This is the first time I've passed out under a bench press. My arch is really tight though... I'm still a little dazed.

Overall, great day of maxing.

4 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

There's also about a 90% chance I'll compete in the State Games powerlifting meet. I workout my training such that I can finish the next competition cycle, rest a day, then lift at the meet.

Brent Tanaka said...

awesome. now UCLA will be well represented in that meet with you, dean, trey, phil, AND gary. i'm gonna go watch fosho

Juggernaut, the said...

@Jake: Open so light on the squat that you behind-the-neck jerk it on accident. Also, do the same for the deadlift, exclaiming "what?! we only have to go half-way?!" when the judges red light you. What's your weight class these days? Can you diet down to 165 to take on Brent?

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I probably could... I should try. I've been meaning to shed some fat anyway. I guess tomorrow night is diet night.