Monday, June 1, 2009

RE Squat

Squat:
315 x 10
365 x 8
385 x 8
405 x 8

Felt pretty good on all of these. Still nice and easy while I'm on the mend. I've noticed that my new form seems to pull at the groin some. I think this is a good sign that my form is getting better, but I still need to work on the flexibility. I've been actively stretching, but suggestions for specific stretches are welcome.

Band-resisted Box Squat:
w/ purple (throw some P's on that)
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5

Finished with banded jumps and cable abs.

4 comments:

Brent Tanaka said...

Dave has that shirt for you if you're interested in testing one out. Let me know if you can make it over to The 4 Star.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Seated groin stretch. Or stretch on the adductor machine.

Watch those adductors. Don't develop an injury like I did. If you are feeling it the day(s) after squatting, reconsider...

Juggernaut, the said...

@Brent: I'm swamped this week, but I think I can come by next week some time

@Nate: it feels fine now. It's mostly when I'm warming up, I feel it getting in the way of where I want my form to be. I've been using the adductor machine to stretch, like you suggested. I'll try throwing in some seated groin stretch as well. At some point when I feel my form is consistent, I'll post another video to see what you think.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I pull my groin whenever I'm both rested and squat with good form. It's getting better now (when I pull it I am still functional after) but I think that's because of the stretching. I agree that it's a sign your form is getting better, but it's also a sign that you're not flexible enough. You're welcome for not actually contributing anything to this discussion...