Monday, June 15, 2009

6-15 test day

Snatch 107, 110, 112 - 3 x miss

Clean and Jerk 127, 130, 132, 135 - miss


Great test day. The 110 snatch is equal to my best ever, and the 132 clean and jerk is a 5kg record. I didn't weigh myself, but for 85kg that's FINALLY class 1. After the 130 clean and jerk my whole body was shaking, and during the 132 my feet shook while the bar was on my shoulders. I had to lie down after the 132, but I went for 135 anyway. The clean wasn't even close because I was so drained.

Tonight I'm coming back and maxing on back squat and bench. I'm hoping for 190kg back squat, although I think I can get at least 195, and 250 bench (5lb higher than I got like 4 weeks ago when I started benching again). That'll setup all of the maxes I need for the next (competition) cycle.

Thanks Nathan for making sure I used appropriate maxes for this program, because that, and doing a shitload of jerks, was probably the difference.

1 comment:

kenji keeps going... said...

AWESOME work jake. and it amazes me how you are getting so much weight from the ground to above your head.