Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ME Bench (or: I can has second Katana too nau?)

Dave from 4-star brought in his used 44" Katana. I tried that on and it fits great. It's amazing what cramming a 220 into a shirt will do for stretching it out.

Bench:
315 x 3 @ 3 board
365 x 1
385 x fail
385 x 1

I feel like I get more pop out of my own shirt right off the chest, but then it dies. Dave's shirt has less pop but lasts higher since the shirt is a little smaller. He's loaning it to me for a bit to train in since he has moved on to bigger and better weight classes.

DB Bench:
100s x 8
105s x 8
110s x 6
115s x 5

Close-grip Bench:
225 x 5, 5, 4 + FAIL
205 x 5

Finished with band tricep extensions. I still really love how these feel. My elbow soreness went away for a few days after I did them, so I'm convinced they're doing some good in that area. My right shoulder still feels a little discomfort, which is undoubtedly due to all the heavy benching. I have next week off and don't plan to go this heavy again for a while, so I'm hoping the rest does it good.

No comments: