Monday, June 8, 2009

The Passion of the Otsuka

...aka training in the Katana.

I think it's been 6 months since I last put on the Katana. Went to OC Strength Club today to finally get back into some heavy benching:


Lots of warm up sets, unequipped.
245x1x3 (1 set of 3 reps) 3 board. shirted, no belt. felt REAL shakey.
265x1x3 3 board. shirted, no belt. felt much better.
265x1x3 2 board. shirted, belted from here on out.
275x1x3 2 board.
285x1x2 1 board. second rep was kinda slow.
295x1x1 1 board. loose set up, but hit it.
300x1x1 1 board. felt better than 295.

Tricep pull downs
Banded rehab type stuff
Banded abs on glute ham


Definitely happy with today's work out. I'm gonna try and bench every Monday with them.

And of course, the marks left on me were PHENOMENAL...across my chest, on my elbow joint, down my tricep, on my traps. hahaha.

Also, it took about 15 minutes just to pull the shirt off of my arms. I hope this means my arms are getting bigger...

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Nice going Dean-o! Looks like I need to get myself a Katana too. Everyone else has one...

Juggernaut, the said...

Nice work Dean!

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I can't believe you can bench 300 after all that not-training time. Nice job.

Brent Tanaka said...

sick benching. keep it up big dawg