Tuesday, October 21, 2008

retroactive blogging/terminator eye

On Saturday I did my regular Sheiko routine, but only did half the bench so I could practice in my shirt.

3x3x225 3 boards
3x3x225 2 boards
3x3x225 1 board
3x3x225 no boards
3x3x225 no boards, with belt. was only able to touch on 1 rep.
3x3x225 full commands


After my second set in the shirt, it looked like I had gotten punched in each eye...or like I had some mad Asian glow around the eyes. Also, a blood vessel in my left eye popped. Since then, the redness around the eyes has gone away, but my eye is still bloody looking. LOL.

I also jacked up my finger playing flag football Sunday night. Monday's Sheiko workout was no problem, but deadlifting tomorrow (especially for skills eval.) is going to be hard. Two of my friends are convinced it's broken but I've definitely messed up my other finger where it has gotten crooked like this..I just pulled it back in place and it eventually healed. I have a splint to wear so I don't bang it around during the day.

Any tips for deadlifting without a right ring finger? I'll probably end up taping it up and just dealing with the pain. Hopefully it wont affect my grip that much.

5 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Wtf is 3x3x225 listed three times?

ALSO, here's a TIP: DON'T FUCKING PLAY FOOTBALL THE SAME WEEK OF A TEST DAY. DAMMIT. We talked about this, Deano.

If your grip can't hold the weight and you are confident in your grip, use straps.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Also "I pulled it back in place and it eventually healed" doesn't mean it wasn't broken. In fact, it sounds like it was.

Kyle said...

pull like mark felix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10_Hs34K4E

Juggernaut, the said...

I recommend getting sick, not sleeping and then possibly not eating.

Stephen Hokama said...

LOL@Dave