Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10-14

Power clean 85/3 97/2 x 3 (75%)
Clean and Jerk 105/2 x 2 (80%) 117/1 x 4 (90%) missed last two
Clean pull 105/3 117/2 130/2 x 4
BTN Press + OHS, paused on the neck every rep I could manage 3+1 115,115,115
Back Squat 105/4 125/4 355(Lb)/4 x 3 Only did 2 sets, almost failed last rep of second set and called it a day

This workout sucked...Clean and jerks felt like total shit, although the weights felt light. Not sure exactly why. Back squats were surprisingly easy after everything else feeling so bad. I'm nervous about the meet. I know I can snatch 107, and I know I can get 130 up to the height I need in the jerk, but I'm afraid I can't fix it overhead. Not sure what to do about it since I'm not at all a firm believer in overhead supports, nor do I want to change anything at this point. Maybe the next jerk workout will be better and I'll get some more confidence. Maybe today was just a brain fart.

3 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I'm going to back to lab to work on my presentation for Friday and stretch. I'll do hamstrings, groin, rear delts (if I can figure out how to do that in lab).

Phil Russell said...

Jake, I saw that Crossfit is doing their Olmypic Barbell Certification over in Huntington Beach. You feel like spending a couple bills on that? Could help a lot to iron out some form/programming issues.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Not really. I know and sometimes train with one of the best coaches in America for free and a top 5 lifter in the 105kg class. Crosffit isn't going to help me out. I don't know the Huntington guys, but I'm already stronger and better in the lifts than every single Crossfit Newport guy.