Thursday, October 23, 2008

ME Lower Body

Gear:
Belt
Knee sleeves
Weight-lifting Shoes

Conventional Deadlift:
Had to do this first since Ricardo was benching.

417, 1 x 3 (1 set of 3 reps)

Looked at the video of this, honestly it looks pretty terrible. My butt is way too high to start, basically these were all stiff-legged. Need to not pull in my VS Athletics shoes right now and get my butt down. Too much air in front of me at the start results in trouble snapping my hips through at the end. Felt relatively easy, though.

Another thing is to work in some RDLs into the program to practice the hip snap at the top.

Shoulder-Stance Back Squat:
385, 2 x 2

I wanted a third rep on each, but no go today. Felt I was pitching forward. Need to sit back on the heels of the shoes and drive from there. On the upshot(sorta), Mike said I was Olympic Weight-lifting style deep.

Health:
Sleep has been off for the past three nights, very tired. Good food intake, though.

No comments: