Sunday, August 31, 2008

SHEIKO WEEK #4; #1

Everything felt pretty heavy today, even the flies. Going in the morning on one day less rest than usual because of labor day.
- Squat 205x4 (50%), 245x3 (60%), 285x3x2 (70%), 325x3 (80%), 345x2x2 (85%)
Form definitely wasn't great on the heavy sets. I feel solid with 70%, and 80% wasn't bad either.
- Bench 135x3 (50%), 165x3 (60%), 195x3 (70%), 220x3x4 (80%)
- Flies 30x10x5 (10%)
- Dips Bodyweight x8x5
- Squat 205x4 (50%), 245x3 (60%), 285x3 (70%),
325x2x4 (80%)
All of these felt heavier than the first group. The first of the final four sets felt very heavy. Then I decided to stop being a pussy and get some rebound, the rest went better. (Just like everything today, still felt heavy.)
- Good mornings 165x5x5 (40%)
Back must been tired because these hurt a lot.

Not the greatest day ever, but I'll take it. Still didn't miss a rep, probably was good for another one at the end of any of these sets. Should be recovered by Wednesday, I hope. But maybe the volume is finally catching up to me. That's what's supposed to happen with this...

Only other thing of note is I felt a pinch in my right knee that stayed with me after the workout. This usually happens when I play basketball, so I don't know whats up. I'm icing my knees right now, which should help tremendously.

UPDATE: So we have a really cold freezer. The ice packs are rock-solid when they come out of it, so usually I will put some cloth between the ice pack and my knee. Today I was like, "My knee hurts, so I'll give it the full treatment." I put the ice pack on my knee and it stung like hell, but I winced through it, and it eventually went away. I let like 5 minutes pass and I took the thing off, and my knee had a pattern of deep wrinkles where it had been deformed by the ice pack. The problem was, my knee was also white and nearly solid to the touch. So at this point I freak the fuck out and go to the shower. I'm in all my clothes, so I don't want to turn on the shower, so I turn on the bath. But I also didn't want to bend my knees (I guess I was afraid they would shatter?!? Dunno...), so I'm left staring like an idiot while my knees stay frozen. Eventually I stripped and showered, and my knees seem fine. But lesson learned.

5 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Well, fuck. The parts that froze are starting to blister. This is going to suck immensely.

Stephen Hokama said...

Sucks dude. Sounds like frost bite.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Ya but can you think of a more retarded way to get frost bite?

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Ouch man I hope you recover fast. Might want to adjuct the thermostat on your freezer.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Hey, you could've fallen asleep with the bag on.