Monday, August 18, 2008

More volume

Snatch 72/2, 82/2x2, 92/1x5 (only made 1 of them)
Snatch pull 92/2x3, 100/2x3
Power clean below knee 90/4x3, 100/2x3
Front squat 85/6, 105/5x3
Press behind the neck + overhead squat (3+2) 40, 45, 50, 52
Good mornings 4x5 60, 70, 80, 90

Yet another volume filled workout, but easier than before. Going to Hungary threw off my workouts a little so I haven't had a day of rest since Friday. Definitely would've got all the snatches if I did, but I feel alright since I survived the marathon workouts. I'm just glad I get a full day's rest now. Back feels better.

The competition scheduled for the end of this week in the program is "without special preparation" and they mean it, since my next workout has about the same number of lifts.

4 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

So...this is deload for you? 90% snatches for 5 singles?

Jake Ceccarelli said...

There's basically no deload, and ya, 90% singles on snatch is still kinda deloading. There's a lot of doubles at other points in the program.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Do you do a real deload for competition? I can't believe that you are getting a real 1RM if you are still training this hard all the time.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Ya there's a real comepetition deload, just not for this one.