Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FLEXIBILITY/REHAB

- Flexibility
-- Maintenance
--- Quadriceps
--- Adductor magnus stretch
--- Seated glute stretch
--- Hamstring stretch: standing, seated, good morning
Doing a good morning (holding bottom position) with just the bar is a great hamstring stretch.
-- Focus
--- Hip flexors
Right hip flexor is tight. This might be key to reducing knee pain.
--- Adductors; standing, seated
--- Calf stretch: bent knee and straight
--- Foot arch stretch
-- Squats with the bar
--- Overhead squats
Used heeled shoes.
--- Squats: with heels and without
I might be putting more weight on my right foot, contributing to adductor and knee issues.
- Rehab
-- Squats with band around knees
Dave and I had talked about these, so I figured what the hell and tried them. They force you to keep your knees out against resistance.
-- Multi-hip machine 130x12x3
-- Pull ups Bodyweight x12x3
-- Cable rows 150x10x2
With articulating lower back, big stretch at bottom of movement.
-- Ice knees

USPS = bad. They have no way of redirecting packages except for sending in a form at a local post office, which is then forwarded to the post office where your package is...except by that time, the package is gone, obviously. So Dean's shirt is going to my parent's house. Hopefully we'll be able to try it by Friday. If not, then Monday.

Good news is that my adductor feels fine today. I'm doing something right, so I'll just not change anything. Both Dean and my hamstrings are sore. I think that light weight good mornings (40% squat 1RM) are an interesting change of pace. Because the weight isn't too heavy, it lets you really load up the hamstrings in a stretched position. It's gotten me sore the last two weeks.

No comments: