Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Is that a banana in your protein or are you just happy to work out?

I was running low, and with only 4 weeks left out here, I had to get a small thing of protein. So since the time was short, I thought I'd try a new flavor: Optimum Nutrition banana-flavored protein. After all, the banana is a very manly fruit. I was skeptical of the flavor at first, but after trying it, I can officially say it's delicious. If you've ever had a banana Laffy Taffy, it's that exact banana flavor. I may switch to this normally, as ON's strawberry is kind of bland.

Chest supported rows:
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 8
4 plates + 25 x 5
4 plates + 25 x 5
4 plates 8

Ultra-wide grip lat pull down:
stack x 12
stack x 10
stack x 8

My elbows started hurting during this exercise, so I stopped early. Later on while I was stretching, I realized that pulling on the arms really aggravates my elbows when they're sore.

Rear-delt flies + scap-pulls:
(scap-pulls superset after each rear-delt set)
20 lb dumbbels x 15
25 x 12
30 x 12
35 x 10

At this point my elbows started really hurting. So much that I felt like I was losing strength in my hands and forearms to the point that gripping the dumbbells was awkward. When they start hurting like this, my mind goes numb and for some reason I feel like I should immediately go to sleep. I don't think it's the same feeling as wanting to pass out, but it's uncomfortable to say the least. I called it quits at this point and went home. When I get back to LA, I will go see a doctor to make sure I'm not tearing apart my elbows somehow. It's stretching the joint that seems to hurt it, so that may be some ligament/tendon issue.

1 comment:

Nathan Beckmann said...

You could always buy the METAL Forearm Wraps. They are awesome!