Friday, August 15, 2008

Deadlift Day

My hamstrings have been feeling like death for the past few weeks. I think it may be those heavy pause squats. My squat day workout buddy worked in on them with me on Monday and said his hamstrings were really sore as well. I thought I would avoid heavy deadlifts today in case they were about to sprain.

Also, the lower back felt fine so it was back to raw, no belt training for me today.

Chain-suspended cambered bar good mornings: (close stance, feet on fire)
225 x 10
275 x 4
315 x 3 (felt tired on 3rd)
365 x 4
405 x fail x 2
405 x fail
405 x 1

I got stuffed on the first 405, then reset and tried to go again, only to get stuffed a second time. I took a minute break and one the guys in the gym yelled at me to get it done, so I tried again. Got stuffed. Then i got pissed off and made it. Way to go pissed-off me <3. style="font-weight: bold;">stiff-legged deadlifts:
I can't remember what we used to do on these for work sets so I just went with it

315 x 8
365 x 8
405 x 8
455 x 2

The last was was pretty retarded. I immediately knew the lower back was going to have fun with it, and after the second rep, I tried to force more on the hamstrings and just had to stop.

Green-band hamstring curls:
4 sets til failure.
worked in some jurgens-raises and facepulls out of boredom while resting.

Superset:
Hypertensions w/ purple band
band-resisted decline abs

3 sets each til failure.

I was pretty gassed at the end of this workout, but I don't feel like I did a lot. I need to start sleeping more.

No comments: