Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FLEXIBILITY/UPPER BACK

- Bike around MIT/Boston ~2 hrs
- Stretching, emphasis on calves
- Pull-ups Bodyweight x12, x10, x12
- Bent rows 154x8, 220x6
These were a stupid idea since I'm deadlifting tomorrow, so I stopped after the second set.
- Hammer curls 30x10, 40x8x2
- Ice knees

Today was kinda random. I really just wanted to stretch a bit because I'm pretty sore from yesterday. I ended up throwing in some upper back work because Sheiko doesn't do much of it.

I got a bike today, a hybrid-commuter-type. I was tooling around Boston looking for Trader Joe's (there are no street signs in Boston, apparently), when my back tire decided to turn 5 degrees to the left. This means the chain popped off and it now hit the fender, making it hit the brakes. I don't know jack shit about bikes, so I sat on the sidewalk staring at my broken bike for a while before I could finally get the chain back on. Then I started pedaling towards the bike shop, except the wheel scraped along the fender making a high-pitched squeal. Everyone was looking at me while I pedaled past at like 5 mph (it was really hard to push the thing along). So I basically looked like as much of an asshole as possible. Good news is once I got it to the bike shop, they fixed in like 2 minutes and I was on my way.

Nothing else really happened today.

No comments: