Thursday, August 28, 2008

FLEXIBILITY/UPPER BACK

- Stretching
- Dumbell row 75x8, 100x8, 120x8
Felt like doing these so I did. Doesn't stress lower back or hamstrings, so I think it's a good choice with Sheiko. Also works grip really well. (Grip slipped on 120, requiring reset.)

The mystery continues. I saw some guy doing sumo deadlifts with 2 plates. I think this is the first time I've seen a random doing sumo deadlifts.

I sent a suggestion e-mail to the Z-center (gym) general manager suggesting all kinds of equipment. He thanked me for the suggestion, forwarded it to his team, and I will probably never hear anything again. I might go ahead and fork out $350 for a deadlift bar. I can't deadlift on a smooth bar, that shit is ridiculous.

Finally, I sent an e-mail to the trainer Phil found. He got back saying there's no powerlifting club, but he was interested in starting one. I told him that might work, but I was going to wait until the semester had started to commit to anything.

3 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

If you're going to buy a bar, you might consider buying a Q-Bar:

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/8431

No whipping on the squats and a good grip for deadlifts.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Its $200 more than a deadlift bar from EFS and it is a squat bar. Deadlift bars intentionally have more whip, it's part of the lift.

Juggernaut, the said...

It's a multi-purpose bar. You could use it for all of your lifts.