Wednesday, August 27, 2008

failed bench day

While playing ultimate today, I dove for the disc and landed on my ribs. It felt fine until I got to the gym and when I was warming up on the bench I noticed that if I breathed out and flexed by abs, my ribs hurt.

Speed bench:
135 + 120lbs of chains
3 sets of 3

After the third set, I was spotting and helped my partner move the bar back into the rack. I immediately felt something twinge. Now my one of my lower left ribs hurts constantly, and especially if take a deep breath or exhale completely. I don't think it's the rib itself, but one of the muscles between them. Hopefully this heals up soon. Ice + ibuprofen tonight. Maybe a hot bath too.

2 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Interesting low-volume strategy. Let me know how it pans out.

Juggernaut, the said...

Right now I feel like my body is responding best to low-volume, low-intensity. I think if I keep this up, I'm going to be stronger than EVER.