Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Katana...

Squat   138x4  165x4  193x2x3  220x4x2
Bench   120x3  144x3  168x3  192x4x2
Flies  25x5x10
Dips  5x12
Squat  152x3  179x3  207x3x3
Goodmorns.  115x5x5

Same workout as Beck, but a lot less weight.  

My squats are feeling great...switched to a narrow stance with feet no wider than shoulder width.  Since switching, I don't feel any pain in  my adductors, hitting depth is not a problem, and I can actually feel the "bounce" at the bottom.

Putting on the Katana was exhausting and painful.  I also felt like my head was going to explode when stretching it out.  These are good signs- I think this shirt will actually allow me to hit more weight, which my other shirt didn't seem to do all that well.  But it definitely needs some more stretching.  Also, I do need to learn proper form with a real shirt.

Oh, and Beck, here is the back workout I did last Tuesday and Thursday:

Pull-ups (w/plate)  2x8  2x7  4x6     Used each grip on the squat rack twice
Rows  170x3x10
Reverse Deltoid machine   115x3x8
Reverse flies  20x3x10
Lat. pull downs (leaning over, behind neck)  90x3x8
Lat. pull ins 90x3x8  (arms start up in wide Y position, then you pull elbows to back of ribs..I use the cable machine and put both arm thingies at 4 position)
Then finished with abs:
Decline bench:     one armed twist with medicine ball  -2 sets
(5 low, 5 high, 5 full)x3 super set  -2 sets
offset medicine ball toss   -2 sets
Yoga ball:      sit-ups 2x60
plank hold w/random movement (ie. someone kicks the ball)


I'm pretty worn out from the whole Katana ordeal, so tonight's back workout will probably be pretty light.

One last thing.  The Katana I got was RED.  It was blue on the site.  Since it was only $100 I can't really complain that much, but just thought I'd share my annoyance.  Red won't look so nice if we do eventually get UCLA singlets...

3 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Hell yes...Dean's first post. (Kenji == Dean, FYI.)

Also, you did like 20 sets of back. Also rock climbing. You are an overtraining mother fudger, except you don't seem to get overtrained. Shit.

Juggernaut, the said...

FACT: Red is the color of aggression.

FACT: Blue is the color of depression.

ONLY YOU CAN CHOOSE.

These words of wisdom are brought to you by my first coach, Bull Stewart.™

http://vintagemusclemags.com/magCover.php?0;18;4;pl;Powerlifting+USA

Brent Tanaka said...

holy shit. is that huge guy on the cover Bull Stewart???