Thursday, August 28, 2008

Deadlift: The Final Frontier (ME Lower Body)

No gear, since I forgot my belt at home like a genius and I hate the belts at Cardio Fit.

Non-Chocked Reverse Green-band Conventional Deadlifts:
Too many prefixes.

Working Sets:
445 x 1
455 x 1
465 x 1
475 x 1
485 x 1 (10 lbs PR)

The 485 wasn't horrible either, I just sort of stayed with the weight and extended the hips when it got slow. Felt like I could have done a little more, but decided to keep it in the tank.

Olympic-Style* Front Squats:
*This means you hold the bar in the crook of your fingers with your elbows up, like so. This is awesome on your fingers the first couple times.

Worked up to:
245 x 3

Not even close to a PR (295 x 3), but still decent with no belt and no front squat harness. I suck at front squats, I need to do them every rotation.

Straight-Bar Good Mornings:
185, 3 x 8

Stretch:
Gettin' better

Also, for the first time evar my lower back doesn't feel annihilated from doing heavy DLs. Yay!

5 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Why does it hurt your fingers?

Phil Russell said...

Probably because they're not used to being squished between a 225 lbs body and a 225 lbs weight, haha. Should go away soon

Nathan Beckmann said...

...

Your fingers aren't under the bar really, they are off to the side, keeping it from rolling off your front delts. Your front delts should be supporting all of the weight.

This page shows how the fingers are actually unnecessary.

Nathan Beckmann said...

See how his hands are outside his shoulders?

Phil Russell said...

Huh, looks like I need to go wider.