Monday, August 23, 2010

Bench 1

Bench:
300 x 1
325 x 1 @ 10 (PR +5)
335 x 1 @ 10 (PR +15)

Benching felt really solid today. Everything was done with a strict pause too. The judges watching said 335 wasn't a max single either and I was probably good in the 340-350 range.

Push Press:
185 x 3
205 x 3
215 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3 (PR +10)

These are coming along well. The world class strongman in the gym said i had excellent form, but that I'm still weird for doing them in a split stance, haha.

Incline Dumbbell:
85 x 10, 10, 10, 10

Cheap volume work.

Supersetted with 4 sets of wide-grip pull ups until failure.

Finished with cable triceps and hamstring stretching. My hamstrings were extremely sore from the SLDLs, which was nice, and yet not nice.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Good job on the PR Dave! What do you attribute the recent benching PRs to?

Juggernaut, the said...

Sticking to the 5/3/1 rep scheme and sets ;) (not kidding)

Low pin press to work on my off-chest weakpoint. The raw low board work has also been good for working on strength a few inches off too.

Vit said...

Great work Dave! Now when are you coming back to school so you could teach me how to bench?

Juggernaut, the said...

I should be back Sept 14th or so. Hopefully, with the new training split, everyone's bench will go up. I've been talking a lot with people up here about different programs and exercise groupings, so I think this latest progression is the best one yet.

T-bone said...

yeah danve, my bench better go up haha