Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8/10 531 Press

Week 2 Cycle 1

Push Press:
115x3
135x3
145x6 (Clavicles were bruised from cleans, so leg drive was awkward)

Bench:
205x6, 6
185x10

Chins:
BWx5x5 (25)

BB Curl:
65x6


Biceps were magically feeling much better today, so back work was added in. Throwing lots of food at injuries seems to work pretty well, but a side effect is a bit of chub. I think I may need to streamline my diet a bit more - cut back on the starches and keep it to milk, chicken, fruits, veggies, etc.

6 comments:

Misael said...

Sweet potatoes !!!!!

Juggernaut, the said...

What?! Too much functional fat?

Also, what's up with your push press being so low?

Kyle said...

Yeah, I think I might be at ~20%BF, which is a bit too much. I dont really care about being supa dupa lean - I just dont want to be fat.

And my push press is low b/c my shoulder strength sucks. Add in some personal problems today, and you get shitty numbers. I'm hoping to fix that by doing more overhead work.

Juggernaut, the said...

I thought you were moving to 275 and beyond?

Kyle said...

Yes, eventually haha. I'd just like to keep from going The Way of The PHIL.

Seriously though, I've consistently been gaining about 10-15lbs per year, which is pretty good. Give me a few more years and a few hundred more pounds on my total.

Vit said...

So I guess by the time you're 50 you'll be about 530 lbs. Jeff Lewis style.