Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8-31-10 Sub Par Bench

Sore today in the quads and hips from squats and traps and lats from cleans (didn't get the email for the workout until after I did the workout, although I should have known cleans would make me sore after not doing them for a few weeks.) The result was reduced leg drive and lat engagement which made for a sub par bench day... and by sub par I don't mean below par which in golf is desirable. I mean par as average and my performance was below that. I just watched The Office today where Jan explains sports metaphors during a women's seminar and she brings up a good point about that one.

Bench
165 x 5 @8.5
175 x 5 @8.5
185 x 5 @9
185 x 5 @9.5
I don't think I've ever got 185 x 5 x 2 before. I would have gone for 190 or 195, but today wasn't having it.

Push Press
95 x 5
115 x 4 or 5? PR?
115 x 4+failed lockout
I don't feel explosive on these. My shoulders hurt a little in the beginning of the movement and I struggle to lock it out once the bar slows.

Incline Dumbbell
60's x fail couldn't get them up to start, tired from push presses
50's x 10 x 3 lockouts felt hard.

Front Shoulder Raises
12's x 10 x 3

supersetted with Wide Grip Pull Ups
BW x 15, 15, 11
sweaty hands made grip difficult. at this point in the workout I was very tired and was almost out of breath. I hadn't eaten for 4 hours prior which may have accounted for some of the tiredness.

Hamstring stretching at home

No comments: