Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Breaking in the Katana 8/31/2010

Bench w/ Shirt

245 x 3 w/ Foam Roller
273 x 3 w/ Foam Roller
275 x 3 w/ 2-Board
275 x 2 w/ 2-Board
These were painful. It wasn't until the third set where I could somewhat comfortably touch the board. I'll keep working on it. I decided to go suited today because I'm going back home this weekend. I'll do 3-4 x 5 for bench on Friday.

Push Press

165 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 5

Incline Dumbbell Bench

75's x 10
75's x 10
75's x 10

Pull Ups
x13, x12, x8, x8

Shoulder Raises with 22.5 lbs.
3 Supersets raising the dumbbells up straight, up sideways, and bending over. About 18 reps per set.

Finished up w/ 20 minutes on the Stationary Bike and then stretched.

Going heavy with the shirt really took it out of me. I didn't think it was going to be that tiring. Hopefully next time I'll be able to go down to a 1-board distance.

3 comments:

Matt Buttimer said...

Glad you are giving equipped lifting a shot. It truly is a completely different sport. One thing I would say especially with a shirt is to not rush to get it to touch. I have done that and it caused an injury for me. Make sure you are keeping a very good groove with it and not belly benching. Also with a new shirt try and keep the reps high with a slightly lighter weight. The lighter weight might not be enough to touch whatever board your using so then row it the rest of the way. This way you can do multiple reps without failing and you can stretch the fabric and seams of the shirt. And you do have some time before the meet, so you shouldn't have to rush.

Misael said...

Yea IT IS a different sport. Now I know what you guys mean when you say "fighting against the suit". I was going to go for 5 reps at first but I just couldn't do it. It was way too tight and was hurting bad. My head was gonna blow. But it does make sense to break in the fabric and seams of the shirt with more reps. I thought it would be better to buy the gear sooner rather than later.

Juggernaut, the said...

Did you wet the shirt at all this time? That might help get it to stretch/slip into position.