Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/17/09 Heavy Squat

Squat:
295 x 5
315 x 5 for 3 sets

It was my goal going in to hit 315 for at least a couple sets. I did much more than I thought I could and the weight wasn't too heavy. My second set at 315 was the worse one, and my last set felt great and might have been my best one. Just need to focus on burying the weight past parallel and keeping my fucking knees out.

Reverse Band (greens) Squat:
435 x 4
455 x 4
475 x 4 for 2 sets

This is a huge PR for me.

Pause Squats (hold at bottom for 3 seconds):
225 x 3

Only could get one set in due to flag football playoff game, but I BURIED the weight and it felt really light and easy. If I had more time probably would have went up to 245.

Flag Football Playoff Game:
Played against the best team in the league (who had previously beaten us) for 1 set

Game was great, extremely close, but yours truly had the game winning interception (had been tied 6 - 6) that I returned for a TD. Needless to say I dedicated that play and the game to UCLA Powerlifting.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I'm sure that the BEARD also helped. Nice job Butts.

Matt Buttimer said...

Haha yes good point. Thanks dude.

Greg said...

I hate to give myself too much credit but I did tell you you'd win as long as you pulled down an INT. way to go