Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/17 Training

Bench: 145x3
165x3
185x12 BIG PR (previous PR was 8 reps)

Military Press: 95x8, 7, 6, 6, 6

Pull-ups: BWx8x5

A good training session today. 185 felt light as hell, and I just kept repping it until I hit the 12th rep, which was kind of a grinder. I'm going to bump my max 10lbs instead of 5 for the next cycle, just so I can hit rep ranges in the single digits lol.

And my assistance work has all come together as well. Nothing too frilly, just the basics. We'll see how it goes.

Monday: Squat, Lunge, Calves, Abs
Tuesday: Bench, Military, Pullups
Thursday: Deadlift, GM's, Biceps, Abs
Saturday: Push Press, Dips, T-Bar Rows

Also, Jake - I tried the Olympic style of pressing today, but it just seems kind of funky. I need a lot more speed, ab, and tricep power to make it work properly, so for now I am just doing the push presses and militaries.

No comments: