Sunday, November 8, 2009

11-7 Meet Recap

2009 USAPL Southern California Regionals

Weight: 79.7 kg (175 lbs)

Squat

253 -3 whites
270 -3 whites
286 -3 whites (6 lb PR)

Bench
170 -3 whites
186 -3 whites
198 -3 whites: the plan was to try for a little over 200 but I decided to go slightly under to make sure I got this lift in for a 900 lb total; this still went up pretty slowly though

Deadlift
374 -3 whites
418 -3 whites (18 lb PR): I may have come up on my toes slightly and almost lost my balance at the beginning of the lift. It went up very slowly but I got it.
429 -3 reds: Probably got it like 3 inches off of the ground. I was way too exhausted by this point, mostly because of the second attempt.

Total: 902 lbs

This was my first meet and I had a great time lifting and it was awesome watching all the really strong lifters like Darren Matsumoto, Ryan Spencer, and Daniel Greene. Dave's 705 deadlift was definitely the most exciting lift to watch though. Overall, it was an awesome experience and I look forward to competing again.

Also, a big thanks to Matt, Dean, Trey, Ben, Darvin, and Brent for supporting the UCLA lifters throughout the meet.

1 comment:

Trey said...

vit.. BIG Congrats. I know you worked hard for your first meet.. great lifting.