Monday, May 10, 2010

5.10.10--Pity Me

On Wednesday, I felt sick after working out, but slept after class and felt better. Keep in mind that my Wednesday Weigh in was 170lbs.

Things turned for the worse on Wednesday night and continued throughout the weekend. I went home on Friday with so many symptoms, it felt like I had about 4 different illnesses.

On Saturday morning, my mom took my temperature and it was over 102. She took me to see the doctor, but the doctor wasn't there so we had to settle for the nurse practitioner. She thought I had either Strep Throat or Mono. She tested me for Strep; it came back negative. She rapid tested me for Mono, it came back a "faint positive." Saturday Weigh In = 162lbs.

Went back to the doctor this morning. He also assumed Mono. Ran it through the rapid test and it came back... negative. Had to get a full blood test to figure out what I have. Results won't come back until tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm forced to stay home until I know it is not mono. If it is mono, I will be out the whole week. Monday weigh in = 159 lbs. I'm pretty sure the last time I weighed 159 pounds was when I was about 5'7".

FML.

UPDATE:
Hey everybody! I have an announcement to make! We're expecting! The lab called and definitively ruled out me having mono.


5 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?pid=337989&op=4&o=global&view=global&subj=1581368650&id=1282521005&fbid=1112970786123

Vit said...

Damn that sucks. Hope you get better soon Scott.

Juggernaut, the said...

Did you shrink?

Kyle said...

This sounds like a personal problem. And possibly a good way to get down to the 148's.

Scott Salomon said...

@Jake, that's pretty insane. I don't clean or jerk because those are chores for women, not exercises.

@Vit, thanks for coming through on the plea I addressed in the title of the post.

@Dave, only in the penis

@Kyle, it is a personal problem, but it affect my ability to powerlift at the same time. I probably could do some glute thrusts though.