Saturday, March 7, 2009

Comp # 10 (today)

Power snatch above knee 77/3 88/2 - missed twice, 85/2 x 2 Lots of reasons I missed the 88, not too concerned with that too much right now
Clean and jerk 95/1 x 4
Clean pull 122/3 135/2 x 2
Power clean + Push Jerk 95/1+2 108 - 1+2, 1+1+miss, 1+2, 1+1+miss

Had to skip the front squats (only 60% x3 x 4 anyway) and good mornings because my groin was in agony by the end. The back squats in the previous workout messed me up again. Interestingly, I stretched tonight and they feel a little better. Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to squat again, because I have 160/4 x 3. I attribute the groin to most of the problems I had this workout, even the overhead stuff, because it's hard to catch the bar with bent knees. The clean and jerks were assigned to be 70%, so that's why they're so light. I didn't modify the workout except for the front squats and good mornings.

I really don't know how to feel about my clean and jerk. Two days ago I got 122 for 3x1, so I'm happy with it, but it's not nearly as easy as I would like for it to be. Also, 122 is 90% of 135, not my true competition max of 127, which is a good sign. The problem is, 90% should be a challenging but still pretty easy single and those weren't super easy. I like the technique results that I've gotten from working jerk technique, I'm just nervous for testing it again. Snatch, on the other hand, I apparently kick ass at.

No comments: