Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Alpine Lifting

As I am in Tahoe, my main leg workout for the past few days has been skiing. Suffice to say that my calves, quads, and glutes are torched and I have one more day of hitting the slopes left.

I had about 35 minutes to spare, so I went to the crappy gym they have at the place we're staying at. Some dude was taking the only barbell, so I had to improvise. I rest-paused everything b/c of time constraints.

Incline DB Press (palms facing): 65x8-3-2

Ez-Bar Bent Over Row: 45's x 20
45+25x10-5-5

Reverse Grip Smith Bench: 45+25x10-4-4

Rear Delts: 45x15/15

And some abs/biceps to finish

The reverse grip smith was just for kicks, but it positively murdered my triceps. I'd say on par with the skullcrushers, but without the elbow strain. I think I will be using these a bit more often as a tricep movement.

1 comment:

Brent Tanaka said...

sounds like a shitty workout.

just kidding ransom. way to be creative and improvise. although next time, just use the EZ bar to knock out the guy using the barbell (like you did that one time at wooden). it would make things a lot easier.