Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Some bench progress

Hey guys!

Great job to all of you at the meet. I just thought I'd give you some updates on my bench. My previous shirted PR was 275 at around 185 BW. About a week ago I benched 365 in my shirt and did a RAW 2-Board at 305 (195 BW). TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING so I hope you guys hammer that down. I know we haven't been too great at benching as a team but I hope you guys don't do what I was doing, which was to hope for a strength increase without improving technique. I have a meet on Dec 10 in Modesto so I'll be putting up vids for that as well. My lifts are a little shaky but I think my technique has gotten better. BTW yes I kept my ass down. Keep lifting strong y'all!



7 comments:

Luke said...

damn. how?
in what ways did you change your technique?
I want

Greg said...

I second Luke. Awesome lifts.

Misael said...

The big things were keeping a big chest and not caving in and using my traps more by having a better arch. My feet are also positioned wider (I don't think I could bench in a power rack). But yea make sure you guys call each other out on bad form. I've gotten a total of 78 prowler trips now for little things I didn't fix. Each time I haven't committed to keeping the right form, I've had to pay for it.

Ben said...

BEAST LIFTS MISAEL!!! I AM A BIG RAW FAN BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE 365 SHIRTED IS THE WINNER OF THE TWO VIDEOS IN MY BOOK!! SOLID PROGRESS!! KEEP UP THE GOOD TECHNIQUE!!

Nick said...

big chest+using traps is the most important part of benching for me now

Kyle said...

Nice work Mis! Looks like Ted & his crew have really helped you out. And you're not even multiply yet!

Misael said...

Thanks guys! And yes Kyle, I'm still single ply. Since I put on a few pounds my gear fits nicely so I'm not buying new gear anytime soon.