Friday, May 1, 2009

I would have loved to deadlift

I started with really light sets on deadlifts, but then i went to like 400 and I felt excruciating pain in my lower back, so it was time to lunge.

Lunges
135x8
225x8
275x5(most I've ever tried due to my messed up knees)
295x3
225x9 or 10
225xat least 8


Good mornings (stayed SUPER light because of my back)
135x10
145x10
145x10

Circuit trainig
Pull throughs
band resisted abs
glute ham curls
...and a little bit of random jump roping

Hopefully my lower back will get better so I can actually lift some real weight next week

1 comment:

Phil Russell said...

Terrance, my own experience has been that my lower back pain was off-and-on until I started pulling 3x a week. I think it is much more useful to spread the work done by your lower back out instead of trying to do it all in one session. My deadlift training looks like this now:

Day #1:
Stiff-leg DLs

Day #2:
Power Cleans

Day #3:
Rack Pulls

Its actually more work per week than just having a deadlift day, but since its so spread out it gives the lower back a chance to rest and not over train.