Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ME Press

Was a little stir-crazy this afternoon, so I decided to go and lift early.

Push Press: 132x3
142x3
155x1, 1
165x1 PR

Seated Overhead Pin Press (eye level): 135x3x5 <-- This is my sticking point

Pull-up: 8, 8 ; Chin-up: 6, 5

Cable Row: 150x12, 12

Pushup/GHR Abs (45lbs) Superset: 20/10, 20/10

A good workout today. The last time I did push presses, I failed at 145, so good progress. All of the push presses were power cleaned (although it looked more like a continental) from the floor to get a little extra back work in there.

5 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

When you start benching again post a couple videos, I want to see your technique.

Kyle said...

Ok, will do. I am curious to see how much the overhead pressing will help with my bench.

Kyle said...

I assume you want the ME singles on video, not DE day or anything.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Both. The whole point of DE in Westside is to practice technique.

Also, why do a shitty power clean to work your back? If you hurt yourself you're out for awhile and the benefit would be minimal even if it was perfect. Just do RDLs.

Kyle said...

Well, they weren't too shitty at the lower weights - its only when the weight got heavy that it turned really ugly. I'm going to just start doing them out of the rack.

As for the bench, I will film both. It may be another week until everything feels kosher.