Thursday, April 16, 2009

Protein Reviews

I ran out of protein and was feeling adventurous, so I ordered a bunch of small containers of Optimum Nutrition's random flavors.

I used two scoops (46g protein), mixed with 8-12oz of water:

Banana: tastes like a banana laffy taffy, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Apple Pie: amazing. tastes like apple cider with a bit of pie crust?

Eggnog: who can resist the nog? I tried this with a few different water amounts, but it was either weak, or chalky. It smells great, but the taste just isn't there. May be better with milk though.

Rootbeer: I knew this was going to be either amazing or terrible. Sadly, it's more towards the latter. It smells good, but I realized I missed the carbonation with the root beer taste. This may be better with milk or mixed with yogurt for a rootbeer float sort of thing.


The strawberry flavor was always my standby. It tastes good and comes in bulk. However, lately I switched to banana. Current ordering in terms of taste:

apple pie >= banana > strawberry >> eggnog >> rootbeer

2 comments:

Kyle said...

mix the rootbeer with ice cream! Gainer Shake!

Vit said...

Dave you're probably 1 out of like 7 people that ordered these flavors. You should be a judge at a protein tasting contest.