Saturday, April 25, 2009

Deadlift Recovery

Deadlift:
145 x 20, 2 sets
265 x 15, 8 (2 sets)
385 x 9
496 x 12

Not sure why I went for 12. I was going for 8, then 10, then it still felt easy so I just kept going. When I hit 12, figured I was being stupid (probably already stupid) so I stopped.

Video:


Stiff-legged Deadlifts:
145 x 20, 4 sets

All for stretching and getting blood back into my lower back. Things feel pretty good

Finished with a bunch of seated groin stretching and hamstring stretching.

Did a post-workout fun lift of a strict curl @ 130 x 3, for two sets. I did the first one and then made Brent take a video of the second one. (The bar weighs 20lbs, so Phil's 135 was only 130.) The curl challenge is ON. <3<3<3

7 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Nice curls. And your deadlift form looks good to me, even when it's heavy and you're tired. Low back arched, upper back rounds just a little.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Danny approves of your form so long as the back doesn't flatten anymore (i.e. round) as weight gets higher.

I also think that you should maybe consider not 'bouncing' your deadlift reps. The first one is fairly slow and the rest follow very quickly. I know this is 'just how you are', but resetting between reps might make them higher-quality.

Phil Russell said...

Yeah, bouncing your reps is bullshit and you know it Dave.

Phil Russell said...

Also, if the bar weighs 20, then I curled 140 (4x25 + 2x10 + 20 bar = 140). But I'll curl 150 w/ Judge Brent just to show you how goddamn useless blasting your biceps is.

Nathan Beckmann said...

For what its worth, Danny has done a triple at 110 kilo (242 lb) for curls.

Phil Russell said...

Well then, the rankings go:

#1 Danny
#2 Me
#3 Gary/Dave
#4 Brent
#5 Nathan
#6 Jake
#7+ others

Congrats on Honorable Mention, Nathans

Nathan Beckmann said...

Fuck biceps.