Thursday, April 16, 2009

I can has deadlift to nau?

Deadlift:
133 x 30
221 x 30
321 x 20

Focus on keeping my back in a hard arch. Not as difficult as I expected, but still tiring. Stop at 321 to keep things light and fresh.

Lunges:
225 x 8 (per leg)
245 x 8
265 x 8

Good Mornings:
135 x 20+, 4 or 5 sets

Focus on maintaining a strict arch. I was quite surprised at how inflexible I was on the first set. This was at least partly due to the residual soreness from heavy adductor sets on Monday. I paused the reps at the bottom on the last few sets to work on stretching my hamstrings. For the last set, I was able to touch the pins with an arch, which was good progress.

Hyper Extensions
bw + 2 purples on neck x 37, 33
bw x 30+

Again with the arch.


Overall, today I felt much better today than I had in the past. Keeping the arch in really takes all the discomfort away. However, as Jake suggested there may be some flexibility issues that get in the way. I am flexible enough to maintain correct form through the entire movement, but I will keep improving my flexibilty as I think it will help once the weights get heavier.

2 comments:

Brent Tanaka said...

Are you planning on doing the push/pull at Venice in May? Who else is going to do that meet?

I'm not going to do it because of the AAU one in June so I can be the designated handler if you guys are going to do it. Unfortunately you won't be able to take advantage of my knee wrapping skills because there is no squat. Maybe next time.

Nathan Beckmann said...

I think its actually a full power meet if thats what you want to do. And I'm doing it, but I think we already established that.