Tuesday, April 14, 2009

back2back backs

Bent-over rows:
185 x 10
225 x 8
235 x 8
245 x 6
185 x 20

(superset)
Wide-grip Pull ups:
bw + 45 x 7, 3 sets
bw x 20

Adding the 45 made these seem a lot heavier than they should have. Unsure why I could still rep it out like that at the end.

Shrugs:
315 x 28
315 x 32
315 x 38?
315 x 46 + 6 + 7 = 50 reps???

Kept trying to push myself more on these. At the end Terrence told me to do 50. I thought I was 4 short, but I ended up having to keep repping it to make them happy. Trappist monks wrote down the saga but it burned up in a fire.

Hammer Curls:
65 x 8 per hand
75 x 6, 2sets
75 x 8

Roman Chairs:
Did these in the glute-ham machine. They usually killll my lower back, but felt fine today. Progress?

PS: I did 10 minutes of stretching on my groin at the end.

2 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Stretching! Yay! By Roman chairs do you mean situps? Why would those kil your back?

Juggernaut, the said...

Sort of like sit ups?
See this picture for something like what I was doing.

If I hyperextend my back on these, it puts a lot of pressure on the lumbar. It's more of discomfort than pain, but I didn't feel anything today.

Gary is crazy on these with his ability to reach all the way back and touch the ground with his hands.