Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Squat

Band-lightened squats (purples)
335 x 2
345 x 2
355 x 2
Terence's advice on wrapping my thumbs around the bar and pulling it apart seem to be helping to prevent the bar rolling on my back. Hopefully I can do this with no problems with my heavy squats at the meet.

Power cleans
155 x 2
165 x 2
175 x 2

Lunges
135 x 10 per leg
145 x 10
Left side of my hip started feeling a dull pain after the first set, and it got worse after the second set. I'm still limping slightly when I walk right now. I'm pretty sure this is just a result of squatting twice a week for 7 weeks straight now. I looked back at my training log and apparently my last deload was right after the February meet, which means I've trained for 17 weeks straight. Next week off is much needed as I'm clearly starting to feel beat up. Hopefully I'll be good to go for one last heavy squat session on Thursday though.

Standing abs
2 sets

3 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Nice work Vit. You made great progress in those 17 weeks and I'm sure the deload week will do you well.

How wide is your grip on squats now?

Luke said...

is bar rolling ever a problem with band lightened squats?

Vit said...

Thanks Dave. On the bars at Wooden I was putting my ring fingers on the rings today. Pulling apart the bar as Terence suggested keeps my hands tight on bar whereas before they were kinda just chillin there and letting the bar roll around.

Luke, I think sometimes I have a problem with rolling even with band lightened squats. I'll wait until Thursday to see whether this changed grip helps when I hit my opener without bands.