Friday, June 11, 2010

6/11 Bench

Reverse Grip Bench:
175x5
185x10 PR
195x7 PR

Standing Press:
95x5x3

Neutral Grip Pullups
Shrugs


Just got back to NorCal as of yesterday and I visited the gym today. Some new stuff there including one of those landmine things and a set of kettlebells. Banch was suprisingly strong today, especially since I had no spotter. Since I will have no real spotter for the next few weeks I will probably do considerably less heavy work, and focus more on the accessory stuff. Its only about 6ish weeks, so that shouldn't really impede any progress.

4 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Can you bench in a safety rack? It seems like reverse-grip would be the most unsafe bench to do without a spotter anyway...

Jake Ceccarelli said...

You don't need spotters on bench. Do it in a power rack (obvious best choice), make sure there is someone else within earshot, or don't miss reps. Spotters just ruin your workout by touching the bar before you want them to anyway.

Kyle said...

I was benching on one of the normal bench press setups today because the supports there are awesome. Instead of a J-hook, its just a slightly angled pin so you can pull the bar out instead of having to press it out (which is VERY helpful with the reverse grip).

As for failing, its not a big problem with the weights I'm using right now. I can just roll the bar onto my belly and sit up if I fail. I just won't miss reps as Jake stated.

Kyle said...

Also, I got some BIOFREEZE (a more potent form of ICYHOT) in the mail today. I applied it before my workout and it felt really good while benching. I will bring it down to LA so people can use it on their destroyed tendons lol.