Monday, June 21, 2010

6-21-10 Summer and Squats

I've decided not to the meet in July. Since Dave hasn't sent us anything I decided to write my own workouts for the rest of summer. I'm gonna start with a lot of volume and lighter weights so I won't always need spotters. I'll increase the weights and decrease volume for 3 weeks and repeat this for 4 cycles or if I decide it sucks/Dave tells me what to do. My main goal is to at least maintain my strength over summer which is something I failed at last year. I will probably loose weight which is fine as long as I don't get weaker. If I can increase my lifts I'll be very happy and I will be in good shape to hit 1000 pounds in November. I'm still waiting for my inzer belt to come also.
My maxes right now are 345, 215, and 400 for a total of 960 although I may be a few pounds weaker in all my lifts.

Squat with no belt
235 x 10 x 3 PR. all felt easy. worked on coming up fast. Had some knee pain from basketball before workout which wasn't really an issue.

Cleans
135 x 5 these were hang cleans which I hate, but I was using octogon plates like at Wooden, but enough is enough when it comes to hang cleans. I decided to do full cleans with control.
155 x 4
165 x 4 PR hurt my hand a little on this so I didn't do another set. I need to catch the bar on my fingers instead of palms I think.

Lunges
135 x 14 x 3 right glute definitely sore on these.

Abs

No comments: