Thursday, July 16, 2009

Deadlift

Deadlifting two days after a heavy squat day was a bit rough. Lower back was at 90%.

Deadlift:
575 x 5



Fairly pleased. My upper back rounds a bit more than I would like. Hopefully some work with the SS-bar and more heavy DB-rows will improve this.

Deadlift off Blocks:
Todd set these up in an intentionally horrible spot for me where the bar was right below the knees. Lots of hips and the movement started with me grinding my hands into my thighs. Definitely a good spot to work on in the future.

405 x 3
495 x 3
545 x 3
595 x 3

Todd also suggestion holding the last rep for 5 seconds to work on grip strength. My hands hurt.

Good Mornings:
225 x 12
275 x 10-12, 3 sets

Feeling pretty beat up by this point. Just got in some light movements.

Finished with hyperextensions.

3 comments:

Vit said...

Good stuff Dave. It's nice to see you moving around scary weights again. Is your lower back injury fully recovered now?

Juggernaut, the said...

I think so. It was feeling a bit tender by the time I got around to good mornings, but I can't complain. :) Hopefully this holds up for a while!

Brent Tanaka said...

God damn Dave. That was some nice pulling! And that gym looks pretty sweet..