Monday, July 20, 2009

7-20 and indigestion

Pwr Snatch ab. kn. 77/2 x 3
Pwr Snatch 77/2 x 2
Snatch 88/2 x 3 95/1 x 3
Jerk 105/2 x 3 110/1 x 3
Snatch pull 100/2 x 4
Front squat + jerk 105/4+1 x 5
Bench 60/3 70/5 85/5 x 2 97.5/3 x 3

This workout shouldn't have been hard, but it turned into a grueling 2 hour session because of my eating choices yesterday. I ate about 3/4 of a large pizza and had a rather large dinner yesterday with no regard for the fact that even when I'm not cutting I don't eat that much grease. Today I awoke to a terrible feeling in my stomach, horrible gas, and diarrhea. My burps tasted and smelled like they do when I have the flu (which is the only smell to make me vomit, ever). After almost every set, to stifle the onslaught of gas and discomfort in my stomach, I had to get water. The tension from lifting brought out all mannor of burps, farts, and 2 breaks where I needed to take very loose, gassy shits. I felt bad for the people in the stalls next to me. I courtesy flushed for them. My head felt funny too, as if my blood was all diverted to my stomach to try to get rid of what was in there ASAP. Overall I'd rate today's lifting experience as "completely horrible." Ironically, due to the forcing out of all the bad shit in me (literally) I now feel much better.

4 comments:

Vit said...

I've actually experienced something similar to this before. Having to dump during a workout sucks. Glad you're feeling better.

Kyle said...

Pepto bismol is a life-saver in these situations. I have experienced this too many times as a result of dorm food.

Juggernaut, the said...

Note to self: never spot jake on squats after he's eaten pizza.

kenji keeps going... said...

this post definitely belongs in our blog Hall of Fame.