Thursday, July 16, 2009

7-11, 7-13, 7-16

7-11

Snatch 77/2 88/2 100/1 x 3
Sn. pull 110/2 x 3
Jerk 95/3 105/2 x 2
P. Cl. 95/3 x 2
Back squat 125/3 142/2 x 3
Bench 135/6 155/4 185/4 x 2


7-13

Snatch 77/2 x 3 88/1 x 5
C&J 95/1+2 x 2 105/1 x 2
Front squat 132/2 x 3

7-16

Not great, but not completely shitty test day:

Snatch 105, 110-miss, 112-miss, 112-miss, 100, 105, 112-miss
Really annoying to regress on the snatch. I felt like I wasn't quite catching the bar properly. I need to work on my pull at the very top, which I think I'm cutting a little when I do snatch pulls. It leaves the bar slightly forward, which actually manifested itself in some of my warm ups. Also, I need to make sure my catch at the bottom is more upright and solid in general. This will be fixed in the upcoming phase.

Clean and Jerk 125, 130, 132-miss, 135-miss
Not that bad, at least I got 132. In this case I think definintely the lack of food and my odd hydration status (I've been drinking a shitload of water) may have come into play. I got 132 overhead though, my left leg just spasmed and gave out once the bar was fixed. I'll only be making some slight modifications to my clean and jerk training for the next test competition.

On the last note, I'm not cutting weight for any future competitions other than this upcoming powerlifting meet. It's definitely affected me already. I'm simply not strong enough for the cut to matter in competition anyway, so I'm not going to bother. I can't keep not setting PRs for stupid reasons. If I want to actually get anywhere I need to just be smart and consistent. When I'm strong like Dave I'll cut weight. For now I'll just GFH.

9 comments:

Trey said...

that's awesome. i'm cutting too.

how many pounds are you trying to drop Jake? and how?

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Going to 181 from about 193. I'm 186 or so right now after low carbing, eating less in general, and super-hydrating (2.5 gallons per day). I'll cut fluids by at least 1/2 (probably 1 gallon on Friday) and no sodium. I'm following Nathan's cutting recommendations so he can chime in for more details.

Trey said...

wow.. that's steep!

12 pounds in a week is pretty major.
i've been working on 11 pounds (for the 132's) that seems like FOREVER now; ..probably started 2 1/2 weeks ago.. and still pretty overweight..i haven't been dropping the past few days like i should be and instead plateaued. unless it's the scale, i'm not quite sure why as last 2 times i still was shedding pounds at this point..
i'm following the same thing/sched as the last few times.. (pretty much same as you.. except 1/2 water today instead, (so 1/2 gallon today)..tomm barely any fluid/food..and maybe a tiny bit of carb loading today/36hrs before meet); however, since i'm much more than last few times at this point.. i've resorted to full days of cardio for the past 5 days which is extremely bad, i know..(excessive cardio cannibalizes muscle)--and that i did not do last time and i'm thinking about cutting out food as well tomm..which again, will have a major impact, negatively. i know.
..but i'm not sure quite sure what else i can do at this point, thus probably do something drastically (feel free to offer any any of your thoughts if so)

Trey said...

ps: 186 is your morning weight today, then?
and are you ..looking to cut 3pounds (?)..in between fri to sat then?

Nathan Beckmann said...

I hope Jake isn't dieting too extreme. Using the method he's doing right now and a 24 hr weigh-in, I cut 12 lbs in 24 hrs for my last meet. It wasn't comfortable though, and I really needed the 24 hrs to recover. So Jake is doing 1/2 water instead of complete dehydration, but hopefully it should have similar results.

Trey said...

nathan-- that's amazing.
12 pounds in 24hrs. i doubt my small frame would be able to shed similar amounts. but i'm still working on the last 4.5-6 pounds right now.

Was there anything else to your program (besides 2.5 gallons a day, then complete dehydration/flush out all water the day before)?

Nathan Beckmann said...

Tons of water (2-3 gallons per day) all week.
Everything you eat should be high in sodium

Cut sodium and water 24 hrs before weigh-in. That's it.

Rehydrate drinking as much water as you lost in the cut, then add in food and gatorade, etc..

Juggernaut, the said...

You guys have a day-of weigh-in right?

Trey said...

yea, same day.. it's pretty much santa clarita all over again-- except without the extra weight loss of daves-moving-dry-sauna-car-ride (of death).