Thursday, July 23, 2009

7/23 Deadlift

Deadlift: 225x3
275x3
295x3
315x3
225x8, 8 (stiff-leg)

Shrugs: 275x10x5

Leg Press Calves: 400x25x2

Rainbow Dragonfly Ponies: 5x5

My arms are still sore from tuesday lol, so I guess I did something right. The deadlift poundages are still low b/c my back is still not 100%. I am trying to work everything else hard, so when I get my back up to par again (doing stiff legs with 308 for reps) I can have a bigger and better deadlift. Oh, and all of these are being done conventional.

6 comments:

Deirdre said...

What the shit are Rainbow Dragonfly Ponies?

Kyle said...

LOL. They are actually called Dragon Flags. You raise your legs/torso until they are vertical and only your head & neck are supported on a bench or the floor. Then, keeping as straight a back as possible, lower your body down and back up again.

Dave was the one who christened them Rainbow Dragonfly Ponies.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

I've always wondered what those actually were. Probably the only useful ab exercise in the world. Can anyone actually do one, Rocky IV (or Bruce Lee) style?

Deirdre said...

OH. I know those. I'll give them a shot today.

Kyle said...

No, not quite Rocky/Bruce style. Thats the progression. Wimpy style -> Acceptable -> Hardcore. I'm about acceptable right now.

Juggernaut, the said...

I can do them; Kyle can verify this.